ONICON Incorporated is a leading manufacturer of engineered flow and energy measurement products for HVACR, municipal water and industrial process applications. Our business philosophy is to build long-term relationships based on quality, integrity and trust.
At the core of our success is our extraordinary team.
Position is responsible for detailed work of managing suppliers, assuring availability of regularly stocked items, specialty items, support services required to meet production and customer requirements. Commodity responsibilities include raw materials, semi-finished products, and finished goods. This position also supports product development with sourcing and acquisition of sample and prototype materials. The Senior Buyer has a high level of experience, functional expertise and is responsible; for maximizing savings, inventory turns, negotiating price, delivery, and payment terms, complex product purchasing, supplier relationships, strategic sourcing, cost reduction, and process improvements.
- Procurement of materials and/or component parts in a timely manner to meet the company needs.
- Place orders and schedule deliveries on a daily basis
- Coordinate with business functional areas to obtain information, resolve problems and identify purchasing requirements for new or redesigned products and services
- Maintain quality standards and resolve problems related to unsatisfactory materials received
- Lead and participate in cost savings projects
- Provide assistance with documentation, reports, and correct any deficiencies in the order fulfillment processes
- Assist with setting and maintaining Kanban levels.
- Manage blanket purchase orders and strategic supplier inventory and delivery commitments
- Qualify vendors and maintain vendor performance scorecards
- Minimum 5 years’ experience required with Purchasing and Supplier Management experience including forecasting, supply chain management, and working with both internal and external partners
- Experience and knowledge of ERP System
- Strong written and verbal skills required
- Strong customer service orientation and communication skills are required
- Knowledge of accounting and budgeting process as it relates to purchasing
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Strong interpersonal and people management skill to supervise and review work of team members
- Technical competence with instrumentation including a basic understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering concepts
- BS degree in Technical discipline; or
- AS degree with 5 years of relevant experience
- ERP experience (Microsoft Dynamics Navision) preferred
Please include a cover letter and tell us how you heard about the position.
No phone calls please! No Referral Agents!